feature tour :: maintainability
Unique Templated Configuration System
Pulse uses a unique templated configuration system:
- Define configuration just once and share it among multiple projects or agents.
- Eliminate duplicated configuration (e.g. a nightly build is nearly identical to a continuous build).
- Deeply integrated with the web interface.
Smart and Easy Upgrades
Keeping up to date with the latest Pulse release is simple:
- A new version automatically detects data to update.
- A wizard guides you through the upgrade process.
- Agents upgrade automatically when the master is upgraded.
Automatic Daily Backups
Pulse protects your investment in your server configuration by backing it up automatically for you daily:
- All configuration is captured at 5am each morning.
- Control the backup schedule via a Cron-like expression.
- Restore backups using a wizard.
Agent Utilisation Statistics
Each build agent has a "statistics" tab that lists various statistics for the agent:
- See how many builds an agent has run.
- Compare average build times on different agents.
- A pie chart allows you to easily identify an under- or over-utilised agent.