feature tour :: power
Multiplatform Distributed Builds
Pulse supports distributed builds out-of-the-box via build agents. Agents:
- Allow building on multiple machines in parallel.
- Can be used to test across multiple platforms.
- Can be assigned builds based on their capabilities.
Pulse supports testing your changes before you commit them via personal builds:
- Submit your local changes to Pulse directly for testing.
- If your changes break, nobody else is affected!
- Develop on one platform, then test on many before you commit.
Pulse has built-in support for project dependency management:
- Declare dependencies between your projects.
- Deliver built artifacts to downstream projects.
- Trigger builds when an upstream project changes.
- Built on Apache Ivy for interoperability.
Control access to your Pulse server using role-based security:
- Users are gathered into groups.
- Fine-grained permissions are assigned to groups.
- Access to projects and agents can be configured using ACLs.
- Integrate with existing LDAP users and groups.